European Case Studies- examples of work by Weir-TSCS Ltd
SGB is one of the world’s leading suppliers of access and formwork products and services.
- For many years SGB had run a branch based business with each of their branches managing their own erratic transport requirements using internal and third party transportation.
- Due to the decentralised nature of the SGB business, the initial analysis of the logistics requirements required a hands-on approach at branch level. (typically how our teams work with clients to ensure optimum results.)
- The team identified a number of improvement options and ran an area pilot.
- A centralised vehicle scheduling system (LogiX) was implemented together with the sharing of vehicles between branches to produce a cost effective solution.
- By rolling out the methodology in a controlled and manageable way over a period of 12 months, savings of £1.3 million was achieved by the end of 2007.
Savings of £1.3 million after 12 months