European Case Studies- examples of work by Weir-TSCS Ltd
Dentsply is the world’s largest dental products manufacturer, distributing in over 100 countries.
- The world-wide supply chain was a source of continual customer service failure. Costs were 40% over the benchmark.
- The European operation was experiencing over 30% service failures and an inability to locate stock leading to very low levels of customer satisfaction and increased costs.
- Our project team were aware of a series of operational crises that were threatening the multitude of factory warehouses in Europe.
- We devised a European Supply Chain Strategy document to interface with the US production strategy and the worldwide sourcing strategy.
- The model included a Transport Programme for the 3 European operations to reduce the 17 factory and local warehouses to 3 central stockholding points all with state of the art information and operational systems.
- Outsourced and re-tendered all distribution requirements over 5 years.
- The team also developed a customer service model to enable maximisation of benefits from the revised supply chain.